Contact Lenses are fantastic accessories to instantly change up your look, but did you know that your Eye Colour and Personality go hand in hand? Even if just a little bit of whimsical fun, why not get inspired to experiment with your own coloured contact lenses to suit your desired personality traits.
In humans, the pigmentation of the iris varies from light brown to black, an inherited trait influenced by more than one gene. Find out more about genetic determination of Eye Colour on Wikipedia.
You can get as imaginative and bizarre as you like; you can enhance your style with a natural look (fashion contact lenses are subtle), or even transform yourself completely into a fictional character with Halloween Contact Lenses!
Black Contact Lenses
Blue Contact Lenses
What your Eye Colour Means
Black Contact Lenses capture a mysterious colour associated with night, secrecy, mysticism, intuition, and magic! Black eyes may indicate a deeply intuitive, sensual, and secretive person who may have psychic tendencies.
Blue Contact Lenses posess an intense and energetic colour associated with the sky, electricity, and rational thought. Those with blue eyes may indicate a person that is forceful and direct; has an enormous energy, and a gift for insight and observation.
Brown Contact Lenses exhibit is a strong and rich colour associated with earth-energy, creativity, simplicity, strength, endurance, and fertility. Brown eyes may indicate a strong and independent person who feels a deep connection to nature and the earth.
Brown Contact Lenses
Gray Contact Lenses
Grey Contact Lenses illustrate fluid and subtle colour associated with water, weather, changeability, mysticism, and wisdom. Those with gray eyes may indicate a sensitive and restrained person who is attuned to the unseen and whose ability puts them several steps ahead of the crowd.
Green Contact Lenses exude a vibrant and fresh colour associated with life-force, vegetation, rejuvenation, youthfulness, and health. Those with green eyes can indicate a compassionate person that’s full of energy, and has enormous creativity as well as the gift of healing.
Hazel Contact Lenses show off an exciting combination of the inner strength and independence from brown, the compassion and healing qualities from green, the fluidity and sensitivity from gray, and the intense vitality from blue. A hazel eyed person possesses all of these qualities.
Green Contact Lenses
Hazel Contact Lenses
Fascinating Facts about Eye Colour
Did you know…
- Most babies are born with blue eyes, but can darken within the first three years of development. Darkening occurs if melanin, a brown pigment usually not present at birth, develops with age.
- It is possible to be born with completely different eye colours than either of your parents.
- When the size of your pupil changes, the pigments in the iris will compress or spread out, changing the eye colour slightly.
- Different emotions can have an effect on both the pupil size and the iris colour.
- Eye colour can also change slightly with age. This occurs to approximately 10-15% of the caucasian population, and most likely in those who have lighter eye colours.